Links & Resources
For more in-depth information about the natural & organic product world, check out the links below!
INFORMATIONAL RESOURCES – Keep up to date here!
- Ultimate Coconut Guide (http://www.thecandidadiet.com/ultimate-guide-to-coconut-products): A comprehensive article describing all the different food uses for coconut
- Love the Label (www.lovethelabel.ca): User-friendly guide to understanding chemicals in products, tips, videos, and guides to owning healthy products.
- Skin Deep Database (www.cosmeticsdatabase.org): Online database that rates everyday products you might own on a scale from 0-10 (least to most toxic). Check your products’ rating here!
- Campaign for Safe Cosmetics: (www.safecosmetics.org): American campaign dedicated to legislative changes to our current “Chemical Usage” in products. Demand safer cosmetics for you and your family!
- Environmental Working Group (www.ewg.com): See what’s going on in the environmental world, how to keep products safe, the water clean, and the air pure!
- The Good Guide (www.goodguide.com): Find products that are healthy, safe, and socially responsible based on scientific ratings! Includes a mobile phone app to scan products for ratings while shopping!
- Pioneer Thinking (www.pioneerthinking.com): To be authentically natural, why not try some Do-It-Yourself recipes? This website has everything from home and body care to cold relief, naturally!
- Sokoko Life: (www.sokokolife.com): Learn more about how to add the passion back into your regular routine all while doing it in a healthy, active, and fun way! Inspirational website to direct you to your goals while being in touch with a community to help you get there!
- HomeVeda: (http://www.homeveda.com/): Learn everything there is to know about how to treat common ailments and diseases using the ancient healing system of Ayurveda. Homeveda is a compilation of over 1000 Do-It-Yourself videos using all-natural ingredients!
GIVE IT A READ
- The Green Beauty Guide by Julie Gabriel
- Ecoholic Book Series (1-3) by Adria Vasil
- Slow Death By Rubber Duck by Bruce Lourie & Rick Smith
- Not Just A Pretty Face: The Ugly Side of the Beauty Industry by Stacy Malkan
- No More Dirty Looks: The Truth About Your Beauty Products by Siobhan O’Connor
- The Body Toxic by Nena Baker
- The Coconut Oil Miracle by Dr. Bruce Fife
HOW TO APPLY NATURAL MAKEUP
Want to become apart of the environmental movement in Cayman? Check out the following links!